Saturday, August 8, 2009

Takeshi Kaneshiro

I've always loved these pics of Asian mixed race superstar Takeshi Kaneshiro for Prada back in 1998. I remember feeling proud that an Asian (especially one that is half-Taiwanese) face is being advertised for a major fashion design house.
Of course, TK is now one of the most recognized Asian actors in the west, having been featured in at least 2 Wong Kar Wei films: ChungKing Express and my personal favorite Fallen Angels. He also starred in one of the most popular kung fu films House of Flying Daggers.

I've been impressed that his personal life seems very private. I can certainly hope that he may be "family", one always wonders about attractive single men in their late 30's. But as I heard my young female cousin respond to these rumours, his fans really don't care that much. He's that good.

No comments: