Monday, April 20, 2009

More good eats in SF

Mel is in SF for a few days, so that means more eating out in delicious SF! I took him to that other great Ramen House Katana-ya and enjoyed the over-abundant special Katana-ya ramen, filled with dumplings, fried chicken, bamboo shoots and more. I love the miso broth as well. The tiny restaurant is always packed, but we got to enjoy the spectacle of two European Don Juans hitting on the waifish waitress/hostess.
We also enjoyed brunch at Grand Cafe in the Hotel Monaco last weekend. I think it's my new favorite. Great food, minimal-to-no wait on Sundays and moderate prices. I had been there for first time last year with Gaby, when we skipped the never moving line of Dottie's, and was surprised by how reasonable it was for a nice hotel. The food is definitely fresh, and you won't see Duck Confit at Sear's. I really enjoyed my omelette with a huge dose of bay shrimps. Yum. Of course, you can't beat the ambience of that huge art deco dining room.

No comments: