Wednesday, May 13, 2009

SFMOMA Rooftop Sculpture Garden

I went to the opening preview of SFMOMA's new rooftop sculpture garden last Saturday and enjoyed the beautiful day in this lovely new space (15,000 square foot expansion) designed by Jensen Architects and landscape designers Conger Moss Guillard. It's connected to the cavernous 5th floor gallery (my favorite floor) and gives an eye popping view of the art deco PacBell Building. Cost? A cool 24 million.

Also, for you coffee snobs, Blue Bottle coffee is opening a retail stand here!




Of course, I suffered a tongue lashing from the Filipino security guard for taking this video "No video, pictoors OK"...I didn't mind so much as she reminded me of the kindly Filipino nurses at San Mateo County Hospital where I did my residency.

No comments: